Production, Plaquemine, Louisiana, USA
The Production Operators’ mission is to safely, with the highest quality, produce products that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Production Operator is responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, housekeeping, and uptime of the equipment within the production facility. The Production Operator will work with all Operations support functions, i.e., Technical, Maintenance, Logistics, R&D, Lab, etc. to ensure smooth operations, highest standards of achievement, and continued improvement of the plant.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop expert knowledge of safety and environmental processes, systems, and requirements.
• Demonstrate consistent safe behaviors and participate in any audits as required.
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures during normal operating conditions and maintain rigid process adherence during non-routine and emergency procedures.
• Develop expert level knowledge and application of all mechanical and electrical equipment within the facility.
• Collect and review accurate and organized process data to optimize operating conditions.
• Operate and inspect control devices and instruments to ensure proper working conditions.
• Offloading raw materials from rail and truck.
• Develop expert level knowledge and application of chemical reactions within the facility.
• Support transfer of process technology from pilot plant/R&D to production plant
• Develop functional level knowledge and application of DCS process control system.
• Commitment to and ability to work rotating shift schedule and overtime as required by operations.
• Work with support functions, Maintenance, Technical, Lab, Logistics, etc. to ensure execution of common mission objective.
• Review, develop and maintain current plant procedures and MOC’s.
• Troubleshoot problems and identify creative solutions.
• Perform other duties at the request of TSRC Leadership.
• Experience in chemical/polymer plant preferred
• Strong mechanical and engineering-based trouble-shooting skills
• Process manufacturing knowledge and experience
• Strong knowledge of OSHA requirement with a commitment to performing work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Effective oral and written communication skills as well as an ability to interact with customers and suppliers.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• 12-hour rotating shift
• College degree or High School diploma
• Process Technician Certification preferred
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Shares expertise with others.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Help to produce well thought-out solutions.
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an employee to be in a process manufacturing environment. There will be minor exposure to various chemicals and compounds, some of them hazardous and/or flammable. Employees must be able to wear PPE required by the location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand (possibly for long periods of time), use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will be required to travel by air, rail, bus, and car (including rental cars).
It is the policy of TSRC Specialty Materials to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era and in accordance with federal and state civil rights laws.