Procurement, Plaquemine, Louisiana, USA
To coordinate raw material and packaging supply inventory management via TSM replenishment and procurement work processes. Also, to provide plant support for relevant purchasing activities including being the focal point for the supplier complaint process.
• Set up contracts and maintain pricing in SAP for raw materials, packaging supplies, spare parts and supplies.
• Monitor raw material inventory and place replenishment orders to keep the plant fully supplied.
• In conjunction with packaging suppliers, manage inventory of all TSM packaging supplies (bags, boxes, FIBCs, pallets, etc.)
• Verify packing slip/bill of lading with purchase order and attest invoices.
• Work with accounting department to resolve any issues with payment for supply chain orders.
• Follow up with vendors as needed to ensure timely delivery of product.
• Assist plant production team members with immediate needs and/or unusual product requests.
• Administer the supplier corrective action request (SCAR) process to measure and improve supplier performance.
• Solicit feedback internally to ensure quality of products received.
• Provide backup for other procurement team members regarding RM planning, monthly closing and other activities.
• Other duties that may be requested by TSM management
• 3+ years of experience in purchasing and/or supply chain preferred.
• At least 2+ years SAP experience preferred. Excellent keyboard skills. Intermediate level skills with Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply chain, or a related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
• The position requires strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to sit in front of a computer.
• This position requires an employee to be in an office environment as well as exposed to some outside elements, process and warehouse environment.
• Employee must be able to wear PPE required by the location.
• General office noise may be experienced and louder sounds and vibrations when outside.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• All environments are safe with appropriate PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to climb ladders/storage tanks up to 50’ in height. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.