Quality Assurance, Plaquemine, Louisiana, USA
This position promotes a customer-focused quality culture by acting as the Quality Specialist. Ensures the Quality Management System fulfills all quality assurance standards and requirements and is continually improving. Focal point for internal and external quality audits. Enhances the front-line knowledge and accountability for quality. Coaches the unit personnel on quality measurement tools and external audit preparation in conjunction with the Quality Leader.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain ISO Certification in conjunction with Quality Manager.
• Construct plans for continual improvement in order to maintain ISO certification and ensure customer satisfaction/product
• Perform audits of the site facilities and processes, including plants, labs, warehouses, and other central facilities and functions as applicable.
• Develop, review and update quality assurance policies and procedures as needed
• Working within Ecesis, complete assigned CAPAs resulting from the Root Cause Analysis, Audit, Management System Review, and/or Risk Assessment Processes.
• Support and participate in on-site audits conducted by external providers, customers, or TSRC.
• Support initiatives to improve customer satisfaction. Review and compare specifications versus customer needs in SAP.
• Evaluate Special Release Products and classify according to product quality and customer specifications.
• Identify and lead improvement opportunities as determined through customer audits and other quality-related programs.
• Working with Quality manager, participate in the internal, external, and customer audits: performing audits, preparing reports, participation in RCI, development of CAPA plan, and communication of outcomes of quality activities to plant personnel
• Prepare monthly reports for management detailing the status/progress /plans relating to specific areas of the QMS as needed.
• Train new employees on the basics of quality as part of their orientation as needed
• Manage COA templates and their assignment to customers within SAP.
• Assist in the Management System Review process.
• Assist in developing annual quality/customer satisfaction goals for the plant.
• Assist in planning and scheduling annual quality events and programs.
• Work with R&D and plant personnel to introduce new products into production as needed
• Special projects identified/assigned by management.
• Cross-train on product steward functions
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years previous Quality Assurance experience in engineering and manufacturing environments.
• Working knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001)
• A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and quality control, approaches, and tools
• Ability to interpret procedures and document in concise, clear, and logical format
• A team player leading to the success of self, group, site, and business
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive; a self-starter
• Good communication skills with all levels of an organization
Bachelor's degree in Science, Business, or related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
Certified Internal ISO auditor; lab experience and/or plant experience preferred
Minimal. As needed for training or supplier/customer audits or meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.
It is TSRC Specialty Materials’ policy to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era and in accordance with federal and state civil rights laws.