Research & Development, Plaquemine, Louisiana, USA
• Provide technical support to customers on the processing and performance of compounds containing TSRC products.
• Lead application and polymer development projects on a global basis.
• Provide support to the sales team to meet and develop long-term business relationships with customers.
• Provide support to the sales team to recommend new or existing SBC products to customers.
• Formulate and test SBC compounds upon customer request.
• Facilitate resolution of customer complaints including root cause investigation.
• Run comparative studies of existing TSRC materials vs. competitive materials.
• Work with R&D teams to test new and existing polymers in the lab, pilot plant, and plant.
• Communicate the product quality needs of customers to the manufacturing teams.
• Work with manufacturing teams to develop target specifications for new products.
• Review patents and technical literature on polymers and applications.
• Work closely with the intellectual property team to document inventions such as new products or new applications.
• Serve as active member of the polymer modification market management team and contribute to the development of business strategies.
• Attend industry conferences to meet with new and existing customers so as to build a better understanding of the technical needs, growth opportunities, and competition in the market.
• Work with R&D teams to develop lab capabilities, including the selection of new equipment and the development of test methods.
• Work with regulatory experts to evaluate new chemistries for compliance with FDA, REACH, and other regulations.
• Abide by all safety procedures and practices applicable to the location and position. Participate in appropriate safety training.
• Perform other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or engineering is required. A Master’s degree is helpful.
• Education including polymer science and/or polymer engineering is preferred.
• 3 or more years of experience in working directly with customers is required.
• 3 or more years of hands-on experience in thermoplastic processing, such as extrusion, compounding, and/or injection molding is required.
• 3 or more years of experience in working on project teams is required.
• Experience in developing new applications is preferred.
• Experience in compounding SEBS, SBS, or SEEPS preferred.