Production, Plaquemine, Louisiana, USA
The Technology Leader leads the technical resources and activities for the plant. This includes Process Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Process Controls, and New Product Scale-Up. In conjunction with the Continuous Improvement Engineer, develop and drive continuous improvement projects to completion to improve the safety, production, uptime, efficiency, and quality of the site. Accountable for OpEx program results and ensuring related KPI’s/goals are met. In conjunction with Process Engineers and Operations Leader, ensure productivity and quality metrics for the site are met.
Essential Job Functions
• Direct Manager of Technical Professionals, including two process engineers, two continuous improvement professionals, and two process controls professionals.
• Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training, demonstrated commitment to and support of EHS principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
• In collaboration with EHS Department, oversee all aspects of Process Safety for the plant.
• Drives Key Performance Metrics related to quality, productivity, and continuous improvement. Prepares and presents related reports as needed.
• Accountable for the plant OpEx/CI program and Champions all related initiatives/programs.
• Uses process knowledge, technologies, and skills to make improvements in plant safety, environmental performance, production performance, quality performance, and operating discipline.
• Stays abreast of the latest technical developments and identifies potential applications for applicability at the site.
• Guides Process Engineers to resolve process related deviations and problems.
• Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
• Ensures collaboration within the site Technology Team, and between this team and the Maintenance and Operations Teams on productivity, quality, and continuous improvement.
• Participates/Leads Pre-Startup Safety Reviews and Root Cause Investigations.
• Mentors, coaches, motivates, establishes goals, and drives performance improvement within the Technology team.
• Ensure staff members adhere to established policies, procedures, and controls.
• Champions an EHS first mindset within the Technology Team and throughout the site.
• Participates in 24 hour on-call rotation with other professional technical personnel on site.
• Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or Business Management Team.
• 10+ years in Chemical Manufacturing Setting required, 15+ years preferred.
• 3+ years of proven supervisory skills leading other professionals required, 8+ years desirable.
• Previous experience leading a technical team in a polymer manufacturing setting is strongly preferred.
• Strong problem-solving, negotiation, accountability, and diplomacy skills required.
• Strong knowledge of process equipment and functions required.
• Experience/Certification in 6 Sigma and/or Lean Methodologies is strongly desired.
• Intermediate level skills at Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Experience with databases, statistical software and SAP preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering Required. Other engineering disciplines considered if significant experience in a chemical process setting.
Safety – Executes all responsibilities with a Safety-First mindset; Champions EHS principles and values
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• The position requires strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to sit in front of a computer.
• This position requires an employee to be in an office environment as well as exposed to some outside elements, process and warehouse environment.
• Employee must be able to wear PPE required by the location.
• General office noise may be experienced and louder sounds and vibrations when outside.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• All environments are safe with appropriate PPE.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to climb ladders/storage tanks up to 50’ in height. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.
It is TSRC Specialty Materials’ policy to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era and in accordance with federal and state civil rights laws.