Sr. Sales Specialist
Sales & Marketing, Remote
This position optimizes the revenue and profitability of the company by selling specialty polymers to our current and potential customer base and gathering market intelligence on growth opportunities and competitor’s activities.
Focus on the use of Styrenic Block Copolymers (SBC)’s in polymer compounds for consumer goods, wire and cable, automotive, medical devices, and industrial products.
Essential Job Functions
• Meets or exceeds overall sales volume and revenue objectives
• Develops and implements marketing plans for customer revenue growth
• Develops and implements programs designed to identify growth opportunities and increase market share of the company’s SBC products
• Understands and develops market share information, research on competitors, customers, and market potential
• Systematically analyzes contracts, including revenue analysis and determination of fair market value for products offered
• Manages relationships with customers; assists other Account Managers and Regional Sales Managers with contributions to improve the overall relationship with customers where appropriate
• Serves as the internal “voice of the customer” to ensure that key customer requirements (both current and future) are understood and communicated
• Participates fully on market management teams; meets non-numeric goals & targets; assists in budgeting and problem solving
• Manages, updates, and tracks assigned customer projects to completion
• Ensures collection of accounts receivable for assigned customers; manages dispute resolution; handles claims and complaints in a timely manner once normal collection process has stalled.
• Ensures accomplishment of company and customer quality program requirements; effectively coordinates between customers and operations personnel
• Communicates regularly with accounting and supply chain to ensure proper process flow for each customer and customer needs; follows up on all changes to original order
• Completes Key Account Plans (KAP) for selected key accounts
• Provide accurate sales forecasts and written customer visit (call) reports
• Uses appropriate databases; inputs customer marketing data into databases
• Tracks and implements contract changes prior to renewal dates
• Develops sales presentations and proposals; Creates and executes annual sales plans including requesting resources and support needed to execute. Adjusts sales plan to ensure customer volume and margin contribution targets are met or exceeded
• Initiates, manages, and executes formal sales contracts consistent with corporate guidelines and approval process
• Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of EH&S principles and values; champions safety as necessary
• Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
• 8+ years of experience managing chemical raw materials sales to major accounts – working with multiple customer sites, regions & functions; negotiating complex contracts and supply arrangements; interfacing with senior level customer contacts.
• Knowledge of styrenic block copolymer’s applications and major markets, with specific knowledge in the compounding of SBC’s for downstream applications in automotive, consumer and medical markets
• Knowledge of competitive SBC technology and where they may provide competitive value
• Knowledge of thermoplastic polymer processing and extrusion equipment
• Ability to apply technical knowledge and innovation creativity to solve customer unmet needs
• Ability to influence and negotiate with others and the ability to close a sale; ability to successfully handle social as well as business interactions with all levels of customers’ personnel; diplomacy skills
• Good understanding of financial concepts such as return on investment, cost of goods/services sold, profitability, creditworthiness, days-sales-outstanding (DSO), margins, and related concepts
• Familiar with the basics of thermoplastic polymer formulation and/or compounding
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while covering key customers with global operations
• Good computer skills, including ability to easily use MS Office suite; various email, internet, intranet, and other programs
• Excellent English communications skills, oral and written
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• Financial analysis training or experience highly desirable
• Extensive travel domestically is required as are a limited number of international trips per year. International travel may include Asia, South America and Europe
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee generally works in an office environment, away from extremes of cold or heat. Limited to no exposure to noise and vibrations other than normal daily office sounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee should not have regular exposure to fumes, odors, toxic conditions, dust or poor ventilation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.
It is the policy of TSRC Specialty Materials to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era and in accordance with federal and state civil rights laws.